Off-Broadway fans take note, the 20at20 program is back, now through February 7. Nowadays, when even Off-Broadway show prices are skyrocketing, this seasonal offer is a godsend for theater lovers who want to see exciting New York plays and musicals for a mere $20. How it works is that you go to the box office for any participating Off-Broadway show at 20 minutes until show time, and they will sell any remaining tickets for just twenty dollars. This means that in the event that a show is actually sold out by that time, or if fellow bargain hunters beat you to the punch, you won’t be able to get tickets. So it might be wise to make a short list of the Off-Broadway shows that you are most interested in, and if the first one you go to is without tickets, then run over to the next theater on your list. There are dozens of participating shows, including The Awesome ’80s Prom, Black Angels Over Tuskegee, Dear Edwina, Fuerzabruta, Naked Boys Singing!, Perfect Crime, The Fantasticks, Venus in Fur, and Zero Hour. For a complete list and more info, visit www.20at20.com.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “It Shoulda Been You” Box Office Unmoved By Reviews - May 28, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/10/2015 - May 12, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Begins Performances - April 22, 2015
- “The Visit” Starts Performances on Broadway - April 17, 2015
- “If/Then” Concludes Its Run - April 10, 2015