South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have teamed up with Avenue Q co-composer/co-lyricist Bobby Lopez to create a new musical, which it has been announced will be presented at the New York Theatre Workshop in downtown New York City this summer. The details given by NYTW were scant, but it appears that the show (presumably a comedy) will play in August and September. Parker and Stone are not new to the musical genre, having created the South Park movie musical and the cult film Cannibal the Musical (which has subsequently had several stage productions).
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016