South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have teamed up with Avenue Q co-composer/co-lyricist Bobby Lopez to create a new musical, which it has been announced will be presented at the New York Theatre Workshop in downtown New York City this summer. The details given by NYTW were scant, but it appears that the show (presumably a comedy) will play in August and September. Parker and Stone are not new to the musical genre, having created the South Park movie musical and the cult film Cannibal the Musical (which has subsequently had several stage productions).
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015