The Academy Award nominations were announced this morning, and despite a lukewarm reception from both audiences and critics, the Rob Marshall-directed film version of the Broadway musical Nine earned four Academy Award nods. These include a Best Supporting Actress nom for Penelope Cruz, a Best Original Song (“Take It All”) nomination for Nine composer/lyricist Maury Yeston, Best Art Direction for John Myhre, and a Best Costume Design nod for Colleen Atwood. The winners will be awarded on March 7.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015