The world premiere production of Martin McDonagh’s new play A Behanding in Spokane begins on Broadway tonight at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre. This is the first time that one of McDonagh’s works, which usually take place in Ireland, is set in the United States, and it is also the first McDonagh play to premiere on Broadway. Directed by John Crowley, the intermission-less comedy stars Christopher Walken, Sam Rockwell, Anthony Mackie, and Zoe Kazan. A Behanding in Spokane, which is sure to include its author’s signature mix of black humor and violence, is about a man looking for his missing hand, a couple of con artists out to make a score, and a curious hotel clerk. The play is set for a limited run of 16 weeks and will have its official Broadway opening on March 4.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013