Broadway Backwards, the popular annual event now in its fifth year, is being held at Lincoln Center’s Vivian Beaumont Theatre (current home to the hit South Pacific revival) tonight. Florence Henderson (The Brady Bunch) hosts this year’s concert, which, as in previous years, will feature a slew of Broadway performers singing reversed gender songs. The event gives actors the chance to sing songs that they have always loved, but never actually get the chance to perform onstage because they were written for someone of the opposite gender. The starry cast of Broadway Backwards will include Raul Esparza, Mario Cantone, Len Cariou, Lea Salonga, Douglas Sills, Becki Newton, Bruce Vilanch, Dan Butler, Tony Goldwyn, Robert Cuccioli, Ann Harada, Lee Roy Reams, and many more.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014