It looks like Peter Parker will need a new Mary Jane. Evan Rachel Wood, who it was previously announced had joined the cast of the forthcoming Broadway musical Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark, has now dropped out of the Julie Taymor-directed show. Spiderman, which was originally scheduled to open at the beginning of this year, has been troubled with numerous delays and as a result Wood has had to drop out due to a scheduling conflict. The musical, which has a score by U2’s Bono and The Edge, has still not yet announced when it will finally open on Broadway.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015