It looks like Peter Parker will need a new Mary Jane. Evan Rachel Wood, who it was previously announced had joined the cast of the forthcoming Broadway musical Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark, has now dropped out of the Julie Taymor-directed show. Spiderman, which was originally scheduled to open at the beginning of this year, has been troubled with numerous delays and as a result Wood has had to drop out due to a scheduling conflict. The musical, which has a score by U2’s Bono and The Edge, has still not yet announced when it will finally open on Broadway.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016