The Million Dollar Quartet has taken the stage at the Nederlander Theatre. The new Broadway musical, which has already been a hit in Chicago, will have its official opening on April 11 for an open run. Based on a real-life event, Million Dollar Quartet is about a legendary day in rock ‘n’ roll history (December 4, 1956) when four great musicians – Johnny Cash (played by Lance Guest), Carl Perkins (Rob Lyons), Jerry Lee Lewis (Levi Kreis), and Elvis Presley (Eddie Clendening) – gathered for a jam session at a studio in Memphis. The musical, which features performances of rock hits like “Blue Suede Shoes,” “Great Balls of Fire,” “Who Do You Love?” “Riders in the Sky,” “Sixteen Tons,” “I Walk the Line,” “Folsom Prison Blues,” and “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On,” also stars Hunter Foster as record producer Sam Phillips.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014