Raul Esparza (Broadway’s revivals of Speed-the-Plow, The Homecoming, and Company) will star in the upcoming Encores! staging of the famous Broadway flop Anyone Can Whistle. He, Donna Murphy (Wonderful Town, Passion), and Sutton Foster (Broadway credits include Young Frankenstein and Thoroughly Modern Millie) will make up the satirical musical’s trio of leads, and they will be joined by Edward Hibbert, John Ellison Conlee, and Jeff Blumenkrantz. Anyone Can Whistle, which was written by Arthur Laurents and Stephen Sondheim (whose more notable collaborations include the classic Broadway musicals West Side Story and Gypsy), debuted on Broadway in 1964 in a production starring Harry Guardino, Lee Remick, and Angela Lansbury. The show only played nine performances before closing.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015