It seems that sometimes the show doesn’t actually go on. It’s always very rare for a Broadway show to cancel a performance (even this winter’s many snowstorms didn’t faze Broadway), but Jersey Boys has had to cancel tonight’s show due an underground fire and carbon monoxide concerns on West 52nd Street, where the show’s theater resides. Earlier this evening there was a fire in the area due to smoldering cable lines underground. There were no injuries and everything is under control, but authorities are still concerned about carbon monoxide levels. Ticket holders will be able to get refunds or exchange their tickets, and all should be back to normal for Jersey Boys tomorrow.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013