The new Broadway show Looped closes at the Lyceum Theatre after just playing 27 preview performances and 25 regular Broadway performances. The short-lived comedy starred Valerie Harper (best known from TV shows Rhoda and Valerie) as the outrageous actress Tallulah Bankhead on a day when she had to come into a sound recording studio to “loop” a single line of a dialogue – a much larger challenge that one might expect. The play was written by Matthew Lombardo and directed by Rob Ruggiero, and co-starred Brian Hutchison as an aggravated film editor and Michael Mulheren as a sound engineer. Although Looped was well-reviewed by critics, the play simply couldn’t drum up enough ticket sales to keep running.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “It Shoulda Been You” Box Office Unmoved By Reviews - May 28, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/10/2015 - May 12, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Begins Performances - April 22, 2015
- “The Visit” Starts Performances on Broadway - April 17, 2015
- “If/Then” Concludes Its Run - April 10, 2015