The new Broadway show Looped closes at the Lyceum Theatre after just playing 27 preview performances and 25 regular Broadway performances. The short-lived comedy starred Valerie Harper (best known from TV shows Rhoda and Valerie) as the outrageous actress Tallulah Bankhead on a day when she had to come into a sound recording studio to “loop” a single line of a dialogue – a much larger challenge that one might expect. The play was written by Matthew Lombardo and directed by Rob Ruggiero, and co-starred Brian Hutchison as an aggravated film editor and Michael Mulheren as a sound engineer. Although Looped was well-reviewed by critics, the play simply couldn’t drum up enough ticket sales to keep running.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 7, 2018
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017