The new Broadway show Looped closes at the Lyceum Theatre after just playing 27 preview performances and 25 regular Broadway performances. The short-lived comedy starred Valerie Harper (best known from TV shows Rhoda and Valerie) as the outrageous actress Tallulah Bankhead on a day when she had to come into a sound recording studio to “loop” a single line of a dialogue – a much larger challenge that one might expect. The play was written by Matthew Lombardo and directed by Rob Ruggiero, and co-starred Brian Hutchison as an aggravated film editor and Michael Mulheren as a sound engineer. Although Looped was well-reviewed by critics, the play simply couldn’t drum up enough ticket sales to keep running.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014