The new CBS musical drama — yes, you read that right — Viva Laughlin premieres tonight at 10pm Eastern/Standard time. Based on the BBC’s Viva Blackpool, the Nevada-set show is about a gambler who wants to open his own casino. And characters occasionally break into song (well-known contemporary tunes, rather than original songs). Hugh Jackman and Melanie Griffith, who appeared on Broadway recently in The Boy From Oz and Chicago, respectively, will both be singing on tonight’s episode. This airing of Viva Laughlin is a sort of “sneak preview” of the pilot — the show’s regular timeslot will be 8pm on Sundays.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Spring Awakening” Opens at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre - September 30, 2015
- “Mamma Mia!” Concludes Its Amazing 14 Year Run - September 13, 2015
- Radiohead’s Thom Yorke to Compose for Pinter’s “Old Times” - September 4, 2015
- Late Show with Stephen Colbert Announces First Week Line Up - August 28, 2015
- “Penn & Teller” Completes Its Limited Engagement - August 17, 2015