The new CBS musical drama — yes, you read that right — Viva Laughlin premieres tonight at 10pm Eastern/Standard time. Based on the BBC’s Viva Blackpool, the Nevada-set show is about a gambler who wants to open his own casino. And characters occasionally break into song (well-known contemporary tunes, rather than original songs). Hugh Jackman and Melanie Griffith, who appeared on Broadway recently in The Boy From Oz and Chicago, respectively, will both be singing on tonight’s episode. This airing of Viva Laughlin is a sort of “sneak preview” of the pilot — the show’s regular timeslot will be 8pm on Sundays.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Sara Bareilles Revisits Waitress; Jason Mraz Extends - December 9, 2017
- Mark Rylance Begins in “Farinelli and the King” - December 8, 2017
- Steve Martin’s “Meteor Shower” Earns Mixed Reviews - December 2, 2017
- “Home for the Holidays” is a Surefire Flop - November 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows at the Thanksgiving Day Parade - November 19, 2017