The new CBS musical drama — yes, you read that right — Viva Laughlin premieres tonight at 10pm Eastern/Standard time. Based on the BBC’s Viva Blackpool, the Nevada-set show is about a gambler who wants to open his own casino. And characters occasionally break into song (well-known contemporary tunes, rather than original songs). Hugh Jackman and Melanie Griffith, who appeared on Broadway recently in The Boy From Oz and Chicago, respectively, will both be singing on tonight’s episode. This airing of Viva Laughlin is a sort of “sneak preview” of the pilot — the show’s regular timeslot will be 8pm on Sundays.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016