The new CBS musical drama — yes, you read that right — Viva Laughlin premieres tonight at 10pm Eastern/Standard time. Based on the BBC’s Viva Blackpool, the Nevada-set show is about a gambler who wants to open his own casino. And characters occasionally break into song (well-known contemporary tunes, rather than original songs). Hugh Jackman and Melanie Griffith, who appeared on Broadway recently in The Boy From Oz and Chicago, respectively, will both be singing on tonight’s episode. This airing of Viva Laughlin is a sort of “sneak preview” of the pilot — the show’s regular timeslot will be 8pm on Sundays.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015
- Tony Award Winner “Fun Home” Recoups on Broadway - December 20, 2015