Acclaimed Hollywood film actor Laurence Fishburne will be coming to Broadway in 2008 to perform George Stevens Jr.’s one-man play Thurgood, based on the life of Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall. Although Fishburne is best known for his roles in movies such as The Matrix, he is no stranger to Broadway, having won a Tony Award for his performance in Two Trains Running. The actor’s most recent Broadway appearance was in the revival of The Lion in Winter.
Thurgood will begin performances on March 30th at the Booth Theatre (following the limited run of The Seafarer) and have its Broadway opening on April 20th 2008
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Gigi” Concludes Its Run on Broadway - June 20, 2015
- “It’s Only a Play” Concludes Its Run - June 12, 2015
- “Airline Highway” to Close Early - June 4, 2015
- “An Act of God” Begins Previews - May 24, 2015
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015