Acclaimed Hollywood film actor Laurence Fishburne will be coming to Broadway in 2008 to perform George Stevens Jr.’s one-man play Thurgood, based on the life of Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall. Although Fishburne is best known for his roles in movies such as The Matrix, he is no stranger to Broadway, having won a Tony Award for his performance in Two Trains Running. The actor’s most recent Broadway appearance was in the revival of The Lion in Winter.
Thurgood will begin performances on March 30th at the Booth Theatre (following the limited run of The Seafarer) and have its Broadway opening on April 20th 2008
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Broadway Shows at the Thanksgiving Day Parade - November 19, 2017
- “The Lion King” Celebrates 20th Anniversary - November 10, 2017
- “War Paint” Musical Closes after Eight Months - November 5, 2017
- “M. Butterfly” Opens to Negative Reviews - October 28, 2017
- “Come From Away” Rapidly Recoups Investment - October 21, 2017