Twenty-seven Broadway shows have now been dark for over a week, but there may be a light at the end of the tunnel — today, the Broadway stagehands’ union Local One and the League of American Theatres and Producers resumed negotiations for the first time since the union went on strike on November 10. No word yet on whether there has been any progress, but we’ll keep you updated. In the meantime, Broadway fans will have to settle for the eight shows that are still open (their theaters are on different contracts with Local One): The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Cymbeline, Mary Poppins, Mauritius, Pygmalion, The Ritz, Xanadu, and Young Frankenstein.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Thérèse Raquin” Opens at Roundabout’s Studio 54 Theatre - November 7, 2015
- “Dames at Sea” Opens at the Helen Hayes Theatre - November 3, 2015
- “Old Times” Opens at the American Airlines Theatre - October 16, 2015
- “On Your Feet!” Musical Begins Previews on Broadway - October 11, 2015
- “Spring Awakening” Opens at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre - September 30, 2015