In all the joyous hubbub surrounding the end of the Broadway strike, an interesting little bit of news nearly got lost: Beloved Broadway diva Patti Lupone will be hitting the Great White Way in Gypsy early next year. This latest production of Gypsy, which met with much acclaim during a brief engagement at City Center this summer, will open on Broadway on March 27, 2008. Tony winner Lupone has appeared on Broadway numerous times, most notably as the star of the original Broadway production of Evita.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016