In all the joyous hubbub surrounding the end of the Broadway strike, an interesting little bit of news nearly got lost: Beloved Broadway diva Patti Lupone will be hitting the Great White Way in Gypsy early next year. This latest production of Gypsy, which met with much acclaim during a brief engagement at City Center this summer, will open on Broadway on March 27, 2008. Tony winner Lupone has appeared on Broadway numerous times, most notably as the star of the original Broadway production of Evita.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Donna Murphy Earns Rave Reviews in “Hello, Dolly!” - July 14, 2017
- Award-Winning Revival of “Present Laughter” Closes - July 8, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Revival Fails to Win Over Critics - July 1, 2017
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017