The 50th Annual Grammy Award nominations were recently announced, and several Broadway shows are among this year’s selections. Nominated in the Musical Show Album category are a new West Side Story recording, the recent revival of Company, Grey Gardens, and cast albums for two musicals that are still wowing audiences on Broadway, Spring Awakening and the revival of A Chorus Line. Broadway musicals are further honored by the Grammys in the form of the soundtracks to the new movie versions of Dreamgirls and Hairspray, which were both nominated for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Film/TV/Visual Media. Dreamgirls even snagged a Best Song Written for Film/TV/Visual Media nomination for “I Love You I Do”.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Opens on Broadway - May 27, 2017
- “Natasha, Pierre” Sees Boost from Tony Nominations - May 16, 2017
- Bette Midler in “Hello, Dolly!” Opens with a Bang - May 12, 2017