The 50th Annual Grammy Award nominations were recently announced, and several Broadway shows are among this year’s selections. Nominated in the Musical Show Album category are a new West Side Story recording, the recent revival of Company, Grey Gardens, and cast albums for two musicals that are still wowing audiences on Broadway, Spring Awakening and the revival of A Chorus Line. Broadway musicals are further honored by the Grammys in the form of the soundtracks to the new movie versions of Dreamgirls and Hairspray, which were both nominated for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Film/TV/Visual Media. Dreamgirls even snagged a Best Song Written for Film/TV/Visual Media nomination for “I Love You I Do”.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Begins Performances - April 20, 2017
- Laura Osnes and Corey Cott Star in “Bandstand” - April 13, 2017
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews at the Shubert Theatre - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017