The 50th Annual Grammy Award nominations were recently announced, and several Broadway shows are among this year’s selections. Nominated in the Musical Show Album category are a new West Side Story recording, the recent revival of Company, Grey Gardens, and cast albums for two musicals that are still wowing audiences on Broadway, Spring Awakening and the revival of A Chorus Line. Broadway musicals are further honored by the Grammys in the form of the soundtracks to the new movie versions of Dreamgirls and Hairspray, which were both nominated for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Film/TV/Visual Media. Dreamgirls even snagged a Best Song Written for Film/TV/Visual Media nomination for “I Love You I Do”.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016