The cast of the forthcoming all-black revival of Tennessee Williams’ Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is boasting a quartet of big names. It has just been announced that Terrence Howard (Crash, Hustle & Flow) will star as drunk jock Brick, making his Broadway debut. Opposite him as feisty Maggie will be Anika Noni Rose (Dreamgirls), whose turn in Caroline, or Change on Broadway earned her a Tony Award. And stage stalwarts James Earl Jones and Phylicia Rashad will take on the roles of Big Daddy and Big Mama, respectively. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof officially opens on Broadway on March 6.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016