Arthur Laurents, bookwriter for West Side Story, recently indicated that he plans to bring a brand new version of the legendary musical to the Broadway stage. He claims that he’s found a way to “update” the story (which is already an update of Romeo & Juliet) without changing any of the text. No details available as of yet, but in the meantime, we can look forward to the Laurents-directed revival of Gypsy (for which he also wrote the book), arriving on Broadway in early ’08.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016