Sadly, the delightful musical comedy The Drowsy Chaperone is going to be put to sleep on December 30, when it has its final performance on Broadway. A funny and affectionate homage to old musicals, Drowsy will be missed, but it does boast a strong run of 674 performances. The show also won five Tony Awards and managed to recoup its investment (no mean feat for any Broadway musical).
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016