The work of Broadway composer/lyricist Stephen Sondheim will be showcased in a new series called “Screening Sondheim” at the Laurie Beechman Theatre, beginning February 20 at 7pm. The monthly series will include the screening of a filmed version of one of Sondheim’s Broadway musicals and a pre-show discussion with cast members from the show. The first installment will feature the PBS taping of the Broadway revival of Company, and future screenings will be of the original Broadway productions of Into the Woods and Sunday in the Park with George, as well as the touring production of Sweeney Todd starring Angela Lansbury. The Laurie Beechman Theatre is located in the West Bank Cafe at 407 W. 42nd Street (at 9th Ave).
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Laura Osnes and Corey Cott Star in “Bandstand” - April 13, 2017
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews at the Shubert Theatre - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017