The work of Broadway composer/lyricist Stephen Sondheim will be showcased in a new series called “Screening Sondheim” at the Laurie Beechman Theatre, beginning February 20 at 7pm. The monthly series will include the screening of a filmed version of one of Sondheim’s Broadway musicals and a pre-show discussion with cast members from the show. The first installment will feature the PBS taping of the Broadway revival of Company, and future screenings will be of the original Broadway productions of Into the Woods and Sunday in the Park with George, as well as the touring production of Sweeney Todd starring Angela Lansbury. The Laurie Beechman Theatre is located in the West Bank Cafe at 407 W. 42nd Street (at 9th Ave).
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016