New York Theatre Workshop, the venerable downtown theater company that launched Broadway sensation Rent, has announced plans to create a new concert series that revives Off-Broadway musicals. Similar to the popular City Center series Encores!, which features lesser-known Broadway musicals of the past, the NYTW concerts would be minimally-staged productions that bring older Off-Broadway — and probably Off-Off Broadway and regional — shows to new audiences.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016