Another musical is going to feature on a network reality TV show soon. But this time it’s not a Broadway musical, like this season’s Grease. Instead, it’s a TV musical — High School Musical, to be exact. The Disney Channel TV movie has become a ubiquitous brand name, spawning a sequel, stage shows, a forthcoming feature film, and more. It is now coming back to its roots on television.
Many details of the new ABC reality TV show are yet unknown, but Variety has reported that the summer series will involve a national talent search which will have the contestants competing in High School Musical-themed challenges. Exactly what they’re competing for is still unknown, but stars of the HSM movies are expected to appear on the program.
Now that this little Disney TV movie has exploded into an inescapable cultural phenomenon, could High School Musical: The Broadway Musical be far behind?
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017
- “Jitney” Opens on Broadway to Rave Reviews - January 21, 2017
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017