The latest Broadway revival of Tennessee Williams’ Southern drama Cat on a Hot Tin Roof opens on Broadway tonight at the Broadhurst Theatre. This is the first Broadway production of the play to have an all African-American cast — and what a cast! James Earl Jones stars as family patriarch Big Daddy, and Phylicia Rashad as his wife. Their miserable, alcoholic son Brick is played by Terrence Howard, with Anika Noni Rose starring as Brick’s wife “Maggie the cat”. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is scheduled for a limited Broadway run, which will end on June 15 (Terrence Howard will be out April 15-May 22 due to film commitments).
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016