The new 1950s-set musical Cry-Baby, featuring a score by David Javerbaum and Adam Schlesinger, started preview performances on Broadway tonight. Like the Broadway (and Hollywood) hit Hairspray, Cry-Baby is also based on a John Waters movie, and it also has a book by the Hairspray writing team, Thomas Meehan and Mark O’Donnell. Cry-Baby will have its official Broadway opening at the Marquis Theatre on April 24. To get your discount tickets to see this show, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017
- “Jitney” Opens on Broadway to Rave Reviews - January 21, 2017
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017