The new 1950s-set musical Cry-Baby, featuring a score by David Javerbaum and Adam Schlesinger, started preview performances on Broadway tonight. Like the Broadway (and Hollywood) hit Hairspray, Cry-Baby is also based on a John Waters movie, and it also has a book by the Hairspray writing team, Thomas Meehan and Mark O’Donnell. Cry-Baby will have its official Broadway opening at the Marquis Theatre on April 24. To get your discount tickets to see this show, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Opens on Broadway - May 27, 2017
- “Natasha, Pierre” Sees Boost from Tony Nominations - May 16, 2017
- Bette Midler in “Hello, Dolly!” Opens with a Bang - May 12, 2017
- “Indecent” Wows Critics But Struggles at Box Office - May 5, 2017
- New Musical “War Paint” Earns Mixed Reviews - April 28, 2017