Harvey Fierstein and John Bucchino’s musical adaptation of the film A Catered Affair started performances on Broadway this evening. The show about a couple who are planning their daughter’s wedding stars Faith Prince and Tom Wopat as the parents of the bride, and Fierstein himself plays a funny uncle in the family. The official Broadway opening at the Walter Kerr Theatre will be on April 17. For info on getting discount tickets to A Catered Affair, see this page.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018
- “Band’s Visit” and “Harry Potter” Crush Tony Awards - June 10, 2018
- Edward Albee’s “Three Tall Women” Adds Final Show - June 1, 2018
- “Some Like It Hot” to Be a Broadway Musical - May 25, 2018
- Tony Nominations Analysis: Snubs and Surprises - May 19, 2018