Composer Stephen Schwartz, currently represented on Broadway by the mega-hit Wicked, will soon be honored on the West Coast with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Although Schwartz is well-known by theater fans for his scores to Broadway musicals like Pippin, Rags, Working, and Godspell (which is soon to have a revival on Broadway), he has also been celebrated in the film industry, having won three Oscars for his songwriting work on movies like Disney’s Pocohontas. Schwartz will receive his star on the Walk of Fame on April 8 in a ceremony that will include performances from the L.A. company of Wicked.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bruce Springsteen Earns Raves on Broadway - October 15, 2017
- “The Band’s Visit” Musical Begins on Broadway - October 7, 2017
- “Time and the Conways” Begins Broadway Previews - September 22, 2017
- “Frozen” Musical Sets Broadway Opening Dates - September 1, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Plays Finals Performance - August 26, 2017