Composer Stephen Schwartz, currently represented on Broadway by the mega-hit Wicked, will soon be honored on the West Coast with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Although Schwartz is well-known by theater fans for his scores to Broadway musicals like Pippin, Rags, Working, and Godspell (which is soon to have a revival on Broadway), he has also been celebrated in the film industry, having won three Oscars for his songwriting work on movies like Disney’s Pocohontas. Schwartz will receive his star on the Walk of Fame on April 8 in a ceremony that will include performances from the L.A. company of Wicked.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016
- “Falsettos” Begins Previews at the Walter Kerr Theatre - October 13, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016