Composer Stephen Schwartz, currently represented on Broadway by the mega-hit Wicked, will soon be honored on the West Coast with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Although Schwartz is well-known by theater fans for his scores to Broadway musicals like Pippin, Rags, Working, and Godspell (which is soon to have a revival on Broadway), he has also been celebrated in the film industry, having won three Oscars for his songwriting work on movies like Disney’s Pocohontas. Schwartz will receive his star on the Walk of Fame on April 8 in a ceremony that will include performances from the L.A. company of Wicked.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017