Tonight the first Broadway revival of South Pacific opened at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre at Lincoln Center. Given Broadway’s revival mania, it is surprising that it took so long for this beloved Rodgers & Hammerstein musical to make its return to Broadway. The classic show, which first bowed on Broadway in 1949, features wonderful songs like “Some Enchanted Evening” and “Younger Than Springtime”.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Natasha, Pierre” Sees Boost from Tony Nominations - May 16, 2017
- Bette Midler in “Hello, Dolly!” Opens with a Bang - May 12, 2017
- “Indecent” Wows Critics But Struggles at Box Office - May 5, 2017
- New Musical “War Paint” Earns Mixed Reviews - April 28, 2017
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Begins Performances - April 20, 2017