Tonight the first Broadway revival of South Pacific opened at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre at Lincoln Center. Given Broadway’s revival mania, it is surprising that it took so long for this beloved Rodgers & Hammerstein musical to make its return to Broadway. The classic show, which first bowed on Broadway in 1949, features wonderful songs like “Some Enchanted Evening” and “Younger Than Springtime”.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016