[title of show], the little musical that could, has just announced that it will come to Broadway this July. Originally created by Jeff Bowen and Hunter Bell specifically for the New York Musical Theatre Festival, the show has the trippy concept of being about Jeff and Hunter trying to write a musical for the New York Musical Theatre Festival. The two men have even played themselves in the previous productions of the show (at NYMF, and Off-Broadway at the Vineyard Theatre) and will reprise their roles on Broadway; Heidi Blickenstaff and Susan Blackwell, playing two struggling actresses, will also return to the cast. [title of show] will begin performances on Broadway at the Lyceum Theatre on July 5, with an official opening on July 17.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016