[title of show], the little musical that could, has just announced that it will come to Broadway this July. Originally created by Jeff Bowen and Hunter Bell specifically for the New York Musical Theatre Festival, the show has the trippy concept of being about Jeff and Hunter trying to write a musical for the New York Musical Theatre Festival. The two men have even played themselves in the previous productions of the show (at NYMF, and Off-Broadway at the Vineyard Theatre) and will reprise their roles on Broadway; Heidi Blickenstaff and Susan Blackwell, playing two struggling actresses, will also return to the cast. [title of show] will begin performances on Broadway at the Lyceum Theatre on July 5, with an official opening on July 17.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Sara Bareilles Revisits Waitress; Jason Mraz Extends - December 9, 2017
- Mark Rylance Begins in “Farinelli and the King” - December 8, 2017
- Steve Martin’s “Meteor Shower” Earns Mixed Reviews - December 2, 2017
- “Home for the Holidays” is a Surefire Flop - November 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows at the Thanksgiving Day Parade - November 19, 2017