The word of mouth was strong, but the ecstatic opening-night reviews sealed the deal — South Pacific will now have an open-ended run on Broadway. The Rodgers & Hammerstein revival, playing at Lincoln Center’s Vivian Beaumont Theatre, was originally scheduled to conclude its Broadway engagement on June 22. But the fact that the WWII-set Broadway musical has extended doesn’t mean that it’s easy to get tickets. South Pacific is already a runaway hit and many performances are sold out, so you better snag those tickets fast if you want to see it before 2009!
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Begins Performances - April 20, 2017
- Laura Osnes and Corey Cott Star in “Bandstand” - April 13, 2017
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews at the Shubert Theatre - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017