The word of mouth was strong, but the ecstatic opening-night reviews sealed the deal — South Pacific will now have an open-ended run on Broadway. The Rodgers & Hammerstein revival, playing at Lincoln Center’s Vivian Beaumont Theatre, was originally scheduled to conclude its Broadway engagement on June 22. But the fact that the WWII-set Broadway musical has extended doesn’t mean that it’s easy to get tickets. South Pacific is already a runaway hit and many performances are sold out, so you better snag those tickets fast if you want to see it before 2009!
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017
- “Jitney” Opens on Broadway to Rave Reviews - January 21, 2017
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017