The word of mouth was strong, but the ecstatic opening-night reviews sealed the deal — South Pacific will now have an open-ended run on Broadway. The Rodgers & Hammerstein revival, playing at Lincoln Center’s Vivian Beaumont Theatre, was originally scheduled to conclude its Broadway engagement on June 22. But the fact that the WWII-set Broadway musical has extended doesn’t mean that it’s easy to get tickets. South Pacific is already a runaway hit and many performances are sold out, so you better snag those tickets fast if you want to see it before 2009!
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016