The word of mouth was strong, but the ecstatic opening-night reviews sealed the deal — South Pacific will now have an open-ended run on Broadway. The Rodgers & Hammerstein revival, playing at Lincoln Center’s Vivian Beaumont Theatre, was originally scheduled to conclude its Broadway engagement on June 22. But the fact that the WWII-set Broadway musical has extended doesn’t mean that it’s easy to get tickets. South Pacific is already a runaway hit and many performances are sold out, so you better snag those tickets fast if you want to see it before 2009!
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Gigi” Concludes Its Run on Broadway - June 20, 2015
- “It’s Only a Play” Concludes Its Run - June 12, 2015
- “Airline Highway” to Close Early - June 4, 2015
- “An Act of God” Begins Previews - May 24, 2015
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015