The Outer Critics Circle nominations have been announced, and there are a lot of surprises. The Mel Brooks musical Young Frankenstein, which was generally dismissed by the Broadway industry and critical community, topped the OCC’s list with 10 nominations. Meanwhile, the Broadway revival of Les Liaisons Dangereuses, which has not yet opened but has had quite a bit of negative word-of-mouth, received more nominations (nine) than any other play. Surprising snubs included a lack of an Outstanding New Broadway Musical nod for Passing Strange and no acting nominations for many worthy cast members from August: Osage County (only Deanna Dunagan was recognized). The OCC did, however, give plenty of recognition to the hit Broadway revival of South Pacific, which got eight nominations.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Smash’s Katharine McPhee to Star in “Waitress” - February 16, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Revival Cast is Set - February 10, 2018
- Tony Committee Determines Shows’ Eligibility - February 2, 2018
- Hello, Bernadette! – Peters is the New “Dolly” - January 27, 2018
- Bette Midler Bids Adieu to “Hello, Dolly!” - January 19, 2018