The Drama League announced its nominees today – see the list here. The Drama League, which honors Broadway and Off-Broadway (and even Off-Off Broadway), is unique in that it limits itself to just five categories — Distinguished Production of a Play, Distinguished Production of a Musical, Distinguished Revival of a Play, Distinguished Revival of a Musical, and Distinguished Performance — but then allows for a large number of nominees in each of those categories. There are eight nominees in most categories, and 70 in the Performance category! The winners will be announced, and a handful of specialty awards will also be distributed, at the ceremony on May 16 at the Marriot Marquis Hotel. Harvey Fierstein, currently starring on Broadway in A Catered Affair, will host.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Jordan Klepper Set For His Own Show on Comedy Central - November 29, 2016
- “Alton Brown: Eat Your Science” Plays Limited Run - November 27, 2016
- “Hamilton” Goes Off-Script for Mike Pence Ambush - November 20, 2016
- “Black to the Future” Concludes Performances - November 4, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016