The Drama League announced its nominees today – see the list here. The Drama League, which honors Broadway and Off-Broadway (and even Off-Off Broadway), is unique in that it limits itself to just five categories — Distinguished Production of a Play, Distinguished Production of a Musical, Distinguished Revival of a Play, Distinguished Revival of a Musical, and Distinguished Performance — but then allows for a large number of nominees in each of those categories. There are eight nominees in most categories, and 70 in the Performance category! The winners will be announced, and a handful of specialty awards will also be distributed, at the ceremony on May 16 at the Marriot Marquis Hotel. Harvey Fierstein, currently starring on Broadway in A Catered Affair, will host.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Miss Saigon” Revival Closes at the Broadway Theatre - January 12, 2018
- Michael Luwoye to Be Next Broadway “Hamilton” - January 6, 2018
- “Home for the Holidays” Closes After Dismal Run - December 29, 2017
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” is Longest-Running Play on Broadway - December 24, 2017
- Shows Set for Kids’ Night on Broadway - December 17, 2017