The Drama League announced its nominees today – see the list here. The Drama League, which honors Broadway and Off-Broadway (and even Off-Off Broadway), is unique in that it limits itself to just five categories — Distinguished Production of a Play, Distinguished Production of a Musical, Distinguished Revival of a Play, Distinguished Revival of a Musical, and Distinguished Performance — but then allows for a large number of nominees in each of those categories. There are eight nominees in most categories, and 70 in the Performance category! The winners will be announced, and a handful of specialty awards will also be distributed, at the ceremony on May 16 at the Marriot Marquis Hotel. Harvey Fierstein, currently starring on Broadway in A Catered Affair, will host.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016