Actor Jeremy Piven, who has enjoyed recent attention for his role as Hollywood agent Ari Gold on HBO’s Entourage, will make his Broadway debut later this year in a Broadway revival of David Mamet’s Speed-the-Plow. Piven will play another Hollywood hotshot, film executive Bobby Gould, in Mamet’s biting satire. Speed-the-Plow originally played Broadway in 1988, in a production that starred Joe Mantegna and Madonna. The Broadway revival starring Piven will open on October 23, but the name of the theater and his co-stars have yet to be announced. Although this will be his first time on Broadway, Piven did appear Off-Broadway not long ago in Neil Labute’s play Fat Pig.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Begins Performances - April 20, 2017
- Laura Osnes and Corey Cott Star in “Bandstand” - April 13, 2017
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews at the Shubert Theatre - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017