The winners of the 2007-2008 Lucille Lortel Awards, which award excellence in New York’s Off-Broadway theatre, were announced today. The honors were fairly evenly distributed among notable Off-Broadway productions including George Packer’s Betrayed (Outstanding Play) and Adrienne Kennedy’s Ohio State Murders (Outstanding Revival). Some of the recipients of acting honors included Elizabeth Franz in The Piano Teacher and Mare Winningham in 10 Million Miles. The closest thing to a sweep was The Adding Machine‘s four wins, for Outstanding Musical, Director, Lead Actor, and Lighting Design. This is the 23rd year for the Lortel Awards, which are presented by the League of Off-Broadway Theatres and Producers.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Blackbird” Begins Previews at the Belasco Theatre - February 7, 2016
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015