The new Broadway musical Glory Days, which opened last night, has sadly joined the exclusive club of Broadway shows that can claim both their opening and closing night as one in the same. This afternoon it was announced that its first official performance had also been its last, and that due to the bad reviews (as well as low advance sales), the producers have decided to close the musical immediately.
On a brighter note, tonight was the official Broadway opening of the Manhattan Theatre Club’s revival of Top Girls. The Caryl Churchill play is scheduled to play a limited run at Broadway’s Biltmore Theatre through June 22.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017
- “Jitney” Opens on Broadway to Rave Reviews - January 21, 2017
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017