This morning the nominations for the 62nd Annual Tony Awards were announced by David Hyde Pierce (Broadway’s Curtains, TV’s Frasier) and Sara Ramirez (TV’s Grey’s Anatomy, Broadway’s Spamalot), and the musical In the Heights came out on top with an impressive 13 nominations. Other musicals that did well were Passing Strange and the Broadway revivals of South Pacific and Sunday in the Park with George; August: Osage County fared particularly well among the plays. Given that all of these shows were well-reviewed, their success was expected, and today’s Tony nods actually yielded very few surprises. However, they have set up some pretty exciting contests for Tony night on June 15, when we’ll find out which Broadway shows and performers reign supreme. If you want to judge for yourself, make sure you see as many of the noms as possible before then. To get discount tickets to see nominees like Passing Strange, August, and Sunday, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016