We’re now knee-deep in awards season, and the latest to announce its winners is the Theatre World Awards. The Theatre World Awards, now in its 64th year, singles out talented performers playing their breakthrough Broadway or Off-Broadway roles. The actors and actresses receiving recognition for distinguished work on Broadway are de’Adre Aziza and Daniel Breaker (Passing Strange), Ben Daniels (Les Liaisons Dangereuses), Deanna Dunagan (August: Osage County), Alli Mauzey (Cry-Baby), Jenna Russell (Sunday in the Park With George), Mark Rylance (Boeing-Boeing), Jimmi Simpsons (The Farnsworth Invention), and Loretta Ables Sayre and Paulo Szot (South Pacific). Off-Broadway honorees were Cassie Beck (Drunken City) and Hoon Lee (Yellow Face).
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Falsettos” Begins Previews at the Walter Kerr Theatre - October 13, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016