We’re now knee-deep in awards season, and the latest to announce its winners is the Theatre World Awards. The Theatre World Awards, now in its 64th year, singles out talented performers playing their breakthrough Broadway or Off-Broadway roles. The actors and actresses receiving recognition for distinguished work on Broadway are de’Adre Aziza and Daniel Breaker (Passing Strange), Ben Daniels (Les Liaisons Dangereuses), Deanna Dunagan (August: Osage County), Alli Mauzey (Cry-Baby), Jenna Russell (Sunday in the Park With George), Mark Rylance (Boeing-Boeing), Jimmi Simpsons (The Farnsworth Invention), and Loretta Ables Sayre and Paulo Szot (South Pacific). Off-Broadway honorees were Cassie Beck (Drunken City) and Hoon Lee (Yellow Face).
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016