The idea of a Broadway musical about martial arts legend Bruce Lee might seem a bit crazy, but the just-announced Broadway-bound Bruce Lee: Journey to the West actually sounds pretty intriguing. The musical-in-the-marking has a crack creative team headed by writer David Henry Hwang (M Butterfly), songwriter David Yazbek (The Full Monty, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels), and director Barlett Sher (the current Broadway revival of South Pacific) – a group of such diverse and exceptional talents is likely to create something quite interesting. The show is going to fuse “sources as diverse as martial arts, Chinese Opera, modern dance, and pop music,” in an effort to tell the story of how Bruce Lee “struggles to master his skills, purify his spirit and forge a link to unite East and West”. Bruce Lee: Journey to the West is planning to arrive on Broadway in the 2010-2011 season.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015
- Peter Pan Musical To Be Aired Live on TV - February 15, 2014
- NYC Super Bowl Event Will Feature Jersey Boys - January 24, 2014
- Kinky Boots To Launch Tour in Vegas - January 19, 2014
- Macbeth Closes on Broadway - January 12, 2014