The Public Theater’s “Shakespeare in the Park” season begins at Central Park’s Delacorte Theatre tonight with the first performance of Hamlet. Michael Stuhlbarg, who has appeared on Broadway in plays such as The Invention of Love and The Pillowman, is starring as the troubled title character. Stuhlbarg is ably supported by a talented cast, including Lauren Ambrose (Broadway’s Awake and Sing!) as Ophelia, Sam Waterston (Law & Order) as Polonius, Andre Braugher as Claudius, and Margaret Colin (seen on Broadway last season in Old Acquaintance) as Gertrude.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Time and the Conways” Begins Broadway Previews - September 22, 2017
- “Frozen” Musical Sets Broadway Opening Dates - September 1, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Plays Finals Performance - August 26, 2017
- “Wicked” is Now 8th Longest Running Show Ever - August 18, 2017
- “Indecent” Finally Concludes After Second Wind - August 4, 2017