The Public Theater’s “Shakespeare in the Park” season begins at Central Park’s Delacorte Theatre tonight with the first performance of Hamlet. Michael Stuhlbarg, who has appeared on Broadway in plays such as The Invention of Love and The Pillowman, is starring as the troubled title character. Stuhlbarg is ably supported by a talented cast, including Lauren Ambrose (Broadway’s Awake and Sing!) as Ophelia, Sam Waterston (Law & Order) as Polonius, Andre Braugher as Claudius, and Margaret Colin (seen on Broadway last season in Old Acquaintance) as Gertrude.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Broadway Shows at the Thanksgiving Day Parade - November 19, 2017
- “The Lion King” Celebrates 20th Anniversary - November 10, 2017
- “War Paint” Musical Closes after Eight Months - November 5, 2017
- “M. Butterfly” Opens to Negative Reviews - October 28, 2017
- “Come From Away” Rapidly Recoups Investment - October 21, 2017