The Public Theater’s “Shakespeare in the Park” season begins at Central Park’s Delacorte Theatre tonight with the first performance of Hamlet. Michael Stuhlbarg, who has appeared on Broadway in plays such as The Invention of Love and The Pillowman, is starring as the troubled title character. Stuhlbarg is ably supported by a talented cast, including Lauren Ambrose (Broadway’s Awake and Sing!) as Ophelia, Sam Waterston (Law & Order) as Polonius, Andre Braugher as Claudius, and Margaret Colin (seen on Broadway last season in Old Acquaintance) as Gertrude.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018
- “Band’s Visit” and “Harry Potter” Crush Tony Awards - June 10, 2018
- Edward Albee’s “Three Tall Women” Adds Final Show - June 1, 2018
- “Some Like It Hot” to Be a Broadway Musical - May 25, 2018
- Tony Nominations Analysis: Snubs and Surprises - May 19, 2018