The Public Theater’s “Shakespeare in the Park” season begins at Central Park’s Delacorte Theatre tonight with the first performance of Hamlet. Michael Stuhlbarg, who has appeared on Broadway in plays such as The Invention of Love and The Pillowman, is starring as the troubled title character. Stuhlbarg is ably supported by a talented cast, including Lauren Ambrose (Broadway’s Awake and Sing!) as Ophelia, Sam Waterston (Law & Order) as Polonius, Andre Braugher as Claudius, and Margaret Colin (seen on Broadway last season in Old Acquaintance) as Gertrude.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Miss Saigon” Revival Closes at the Broadway Theatre - January 12, 2018
- Michael Luwoye to Be Next Broadway “Hamilton” - January 6, 2018
- “Home for the Holidays” Closes After Dismal Run - December 29, 2017
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” is Longest-Running Play on Broadway - December 24, 2017
- Shows Set for Kids’ Night on Broadway - December 17, 2017