Move over High School Musical, there is a new teen musical on the scene, and it’s coming to Broadway! Jason Robert Brown, Dan Elish, and Robert Horn’s 13, which is currently in the midst of an engagement at the Goodspeed in Connecticut, is now planning to begin performances on Broadway at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre (current home of the Broadway revival of The Country Girl) on September 16. Teenagers are the stars of the junior high school-based fish-out-of-water story in 13, which also has a band made up of teens. The Broadway-bound musical is directed by Jeremy Sams, with choreography by Christopher Gattelli and music direction by Tom Kitt. Jason Robert Brown, who has penned the score, made his Broadway songwriting debut with Parade in 1998, and more recently appeared on the Broadway stage as the bandleader in Urban Cowboy.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Sara Bareilles Revisits Waitress; Jason Mraz Extends - December 9, 2017
- Mark Rylance Begins in “Farinelli and the King” - December 8, 2017
- Steve Martin’s “Meteor Shower” Earns Mixed Reviews - December 2, 2017
- “Home for the Holidays” is a Surefire Flop - November 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows at the Thanksgiving Day Parade - November 19, 2017