Maury Yeston, the composer/lyricist of the Broadway musical Nine, is writing additional songs to be included in the new Rob Marshall-helmed movie version of the musical. Although Antonio Banderas created a sensation on Broadway a few years ago when he starred as Guido Contini in the first Broadway revival of Nine, it was Javier Bardem that initially nabbed the role for the movie version. However, Bardem recently dropped out and it is now Daniel Day-Lewis who will be taking on the part of the Italian filmmaker. Nicole Kidman and Penelope Cruz are also on board to co-star.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016