Maury Yeston, the composer/lyricist of the Broadway musical Nine, is writing additional songs to be included in the new Rob Marshall-helmed movie version of the musical. Although Antonio Banderas created a sensation on Broadway a few years ago when he starred as Guido Contini in the first Broadway revival of Nine, it was Javier Bardem that initially nabbed the role for the movie version. However, Bardem recently dropped out and it is now Daniel Day-Lewis who will be taking on the part of the Italian filmmaker. Nicole Kidman and Penelope Cruz are also on board to co-star.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Blackbird” Begins Previews at the Belasco Theatre - February 7, 2016
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015