It has been confirmed that Spike Lee will indeed be filming the Broadway production of Passing Strange, and he will be doing it quite soon – on July 19. Lee will capture both the matinee and evening shows that day, and then record two more performances without the audience later on. How the filmed version of Passing Strange will eventually be distributed has not yet been decided. When Broadway shows are taped for release, they usually turn up on cable or on PBS, but the Passing Strange producers have not ruled out the possibility of a releasing it in movie theaters.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016