It has been confirmed that Spike Lee will indeed be filming the Broadway production of Passing Strange, and he will be doing it quite soon – on July 19. Lee will capture both the matinee and evening shows that day, and then record two more performances without the audience later on. How the filmed version of Passing Strange will eventually be distributed has not yet been decided. When Broadway shows are taped for release, they usually turn up on cable or on PBS, but the Passing Strange producers have not ruled out the possibility of a releasing it in movie theaters.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Amazing Grace” Continues Fight Against The Odds - July 27, 2015
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Comes to Broadway This Fall - July 11, 2015
- “Gigi” Concludes Its Run on Broadway - June 20, 2015
- “It’s Only a Play” Concludes Its Run - June 12, 2015
- “Airline Highway” to Close Early - June 4, 2015