It has been confirmed that Spike Lee will indeed be filming the Broadway production of Passing Strange, and he will be doing it quite soon – on July 19. Lee will capture both the matinee and evening shows that day, and then record two more performances without the audience later on. How the filmed version of Passing Strange will eventually be distributed has not yet been decided. When Broadway shows are taped for release, they usually turn up on cable or on PBS, but the Passing Strange producers have not ruled out the possibility of a releasing it in movie theaters.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bartlett Sher’s “My Fair Lady” Begins Performances - March 16, 2018
- “John Lithgow: Stories by Heart” Concludes Run - March 10, 2018
- “Latin History for Morons” Concludes Performances - February 28, 2018
- Jez Butterworth’s “The Ferryman” to Play Broadway - February 18, 2018
- Smash’s Katharine McPhee to Star in “Waitress” - February 16, 2018