The new Broadway musical A Tale of Two Cities, based on Charles Dickens’ classic novel, begins performances at Broadway’s Al Hirschfeld Theatre tonight. A Tale of Two Cities is a sweeping musical epic in the style of that other sprawling book-to-Broadway adaptation, Les Miserables. Starring James Barbour (Broadway’s Jane Eyre, Beauty and the Beast) and written by Broadway newcomer Jill Santoriello, A Tale of Two Cities will have its official Broadway opening on September 18.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Donna Murphy Earns Rave Reviews in “Hello, Dolly!” - July 14, 2017
- Award-Winning Revival of “Present Laughter” Closes - July 8, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Revival Fails to Win Over Critics - July 1, 2017
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017