Broadway’s Xanadu, the new musical based on the infamous film musical flop, will be closing on October 12. With a new book by Douglas Carter Beane, and featuring the disco-pop songs from the movie, Xanadu is a campy, colorful laughfest that caters more to the sensibilities of Broadway fanatics. For that reason, most people didn’t think it would last long, but the show snagged great reviews when it opened last summer and managed a healthy run. When it closes, Xanadu will have played 49 previews and 528 regular Broadway performances.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016