On the heels of Xanadu‘s announcement of its impending closing comes the news that another small musical, [title of show], is calling it quits on the same day. [title of show] was the first show of this Broadway season, opening mid-summer, and it will close having played only 102 official performances on Broadway. Because of the “insider” nature of this ‘musical about writing a Broadway musical’, bringing [title of show] to Broadway was always a big financial risk, but stars and creators Jeff Bowen and Hunter Bell are no doubt pleased to have been able to realize their dream of making it to Broadway, even if only for a few months.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Blackbird” Begins Previews at the Belasco Theatre - February 7, 2016
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015