The massively successful original Broadway production of The Lion King continues to run after over 10 years, and other incarnations have popped up in cities across the United States. Now the Julie Taymor-directed Disney musical based on the animated film will have a sit-down production in Las Vegas. Although many Broadway transfers have crashed and burned in Vegas, The Lion King seems like a good candidate for a successful desert city production since it is big on theatrics and recognizable songs, but short on plot. The Lion King will open at the Mandalay Bay Theatre, where Mamma Mia! is concluding its lengthy run, on May 2, 2009.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Late Show with Stephen Colbert Announces First Week Line Up - August 28, 2015
- “Penn & Teller” Completes Its Limited Engagement - August 17, 2015
- Casting Announced for “She Loves Me” on Broadway - August 1, 2015
- “Amazing Grace” Continues Fight Against The Odds - July 27, 2015
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Comes to Broadway This Fall - July 11, 2015