The band Green Day are developing their 2004 album “American Idiot” into a stage musical. The show, which will include all of that CD’s songs as well as some from their newest release “21st Century Breakdown,” is scheduled to premiere at the Berkeley Repertory Theatre on September 4. Michael Mayer (Spring Awakening) serves as director and co-writer (along with Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong) of the musical, titled American Idiot. The show will feature an onstage band and a cast of 19 performers.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Opens on Broadway - May 27, 2017
- “Natasha, Pierre” Sees Boost from Tony Nominations - May 16, 2017
- Bette Midler in “Hello, Dolly!” Opens with a Bang - May 12, 2017