The band Green Day are developing their 2004 album “American Idiot” into a stage musical. The show, which will include all of that CD’s songs as well as some from their newest release “21st Century Breakdown,” is scheduled to premiere at the Berkeley Repertory Theatre on September 4. Michael Mayer (Spring Awakening) serves as director and co-writer (along with Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong) of the musical, titled American Idiot. The show will feature an onstage band and a cast of 19 performers.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016