The band Green Day are developing their 2004 album “American Idiot” into a stage musical. The show, which will include all of that CD’s songs as well as some from their newest release “21st Century Breakdown,” is scheduled to premiere at the Berkeley Repertory Theatre on September 4. Michael Mayer (Spring Awakening) serves as director and co-writer (along with Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong) of the musical, titled American Idiot. The show will feature an onstage band and a cast of 19 performers.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Sara Bareilles Revisits Waitress; Jason Mraz Extends - December 9, 2017
- Mark Rylance Begins in “Farinelli and the King” - December 8, 2017
- Steve Martin’s “Meteor Shower” Earns Mixed Reviews - December 2, 2017
- “Home for the Holidays” is a Surefire Flop - November 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows at the Thanksgiving Day Parade - November 19, 2017