The band Green Day are developing their 2004 album “American Idiot” into a stage musical. The show, which will include all of that CD’s songs as well as some from their newest release “21st Century Breakdown,” is scheduled to premiere at the Berkeley Repertory Theatre on September 4. Michael Mayer (Spring Awakening) serves as director and co-writer (along with Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong) of the musical, titled American Idiot. The show will feature an onstage band and a cast of 19 performers.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016