Variety has just announced that a new original film musical called Burlesque is in the works, and it will be starring music superstars Cher and Christina Aguilera. Directed and co-written by Steven Antin, Burlesque is about Tess, a former dancer and neo-burlesque club owner (to be played by Cher) and an aspiring young singer (Christina Aguilera). A music legend who has been dazzling Las Vegas audiences with her new solo show, Cher already has plenty of acting experience under her belt, having won an Oscar for her work in the movie Moonstruck. For Aguilera, though, Burlesque will mark her debut as a movie actress.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Blackbird” Begins Previews at the Belasco Theatre - February 7, 2016
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015