Rumors about Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark have been flying around New York City faster than the web-slinging hero himself. As production costs of the Julie Taymor-directed musical, featuring a score by U2’s Bono and The Edge, have skyrocketed, word on the street has been that the show may never open. The latest development is that production has halted, albeit temporarily, according to the musical’s producers, due to cash flow troubles. They insist that Spiderman will still begin performances at the Hilton Theatre on Broadway in late February 2010 as planned.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Katharine McPhee Begins in “Waitress” - April 20, 2018
- “Mean Girls” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 13, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Begins Previews - April 6, 2018
- Kenneth Lonergan’s “Lobby Hero” Opens to Great Reviews - March 30, 2018
- Denzel Washington Begins in “The Iceman Cometh” - March 24, 2018