New Yorkers should hurry down to the IFC Center in Greenwich Village as soon as they can and catch the new stage-to-film version of one of last season’s best Broadway musicals, the auto-biographical Passing Strange, starring writer/musician/performer Stew and actor Daniel Breaker (Shrek) playing his younger self. Currently that is the only movie theater in the city that is screening Passing Strange: The Movie, and so far it is only on the schedule through Tuesday, August 25. For those who won’t have an opportunity to see it on the big screen, they can catch the film on cable through the On Demand feature starting later this month. Already receiving great reviews from sources such as the New York Times and Time Out New York, Passing Strange: The Movie was filmed live by director Spike Lee at the Belasco Theater during the musical’s last weekend on Broadway.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015
- Peter Pan Musical To Be Aired Live on TV - February 15, 2014
- NYC Super Bowl Event Will Feature Jersey Boys - January 24, 2014
- Kinky Boots To Launch Tour in Vegas - January 19, 2014
- Macbeth Closes on Broadway - January 12, 2014