The new production of Hamlet starring Jude Law began performances at the Broadhurst Theatre on Broadway this evening. The Donmar Warehouse production, directed by Michael Grandage, enjoyed sold-out runs in London’s West End and at Kronberg Castle in Elsinore (where the legendary Shakespearean tragedy takes place) earlier this year. This Broadway run will be a limited engagement playing through December 6, so Jude Law fans had best get their tickets before they sell out. This production of Hamlet marks Law’s first time on Broadway since he appeared in Indiscretions in 1995 (a role that earned him a Tony nod). Though he is no stranger to the stage, Law is best known as an international movie star, with notable films including The Talented Mr. Ripley, Alfie, Cold Mountain, and the upcoming Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movie.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Gigi” Concludes Its Run on Broadway - June 20, 2015
- “It’s Only a Play” Concludes Its Run - June 12, 2015
- “Airline Highway” to Close Early - June 4, 2015
- “An Act of God” Begins Previews - May 24, 2015
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015