Regina Spektor, the alternative folk-rock songwriter that has been a darling of the music scene of late, is going to be writing the music for a new Broadway musical called Beauty. Based on the Grimm’s fairy tale of Sleeping Beauty (also well-known from the Disney animated film version), Beauty will have lyrics by Michael Korie (Grey Gardens) and book/direction by Tina Landau, whose 2002 one-act play is the basis for the new musical. The production team is hoping to bring Beauty to Broadway in the 2011-2012 season.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016